Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What do you do?

I hate turning down work.
I kind of relish the old days when I didn't have as many bookings and I took every job that came my way. The problem with the entertainment biz is that  99% of work occurs on Fridays and Saturdays, so there's bound to be conflicts. But still, when you get a request for a show, especially one that's cooler than what you already have booked there, it's incredibly disappointing.
When that happens it just puts me in a funk. I know I'm s'posed to think, hey that's cool, I'm so in demand that people are lining up to get me, but all I can think of is the missed opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when that happens. But when I can, I turn it into a chance to delight a client anyway: I'll refer someone else I think is right for the job. (Of course, no one can replace me ;-) but sometimes I can suggest an alternative. If it works out, I've made two other people happy.

    ReplyDelete